Monday, August 3, 2009

best basic burger

As you may have noticed, we don't eat much meat. But sometimes I just crave a burger! I really enjoy veggie burgers, but at times I just want a juicy, delicious, grilled beef burger.

My mom always made the most flavorful hamburgers. This is an adaptation of her burgers. You can change up the herbs, add spices, different toppings, all sorts of variety. But this is my basic burger recipe, and it works every time!


You'll need:

1 lb ground chuck (we usually use 100% grass fed beef, but that's just a preference)
1/4 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (I like parsley, but I've tried all different kinds)
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 generous pinches of kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper
a dash or 2 of hot sauce (optional)


Mix all ingredients until completely combined. Split the mixture into 4 even portions, and form into round patties.


Grill burgers, top with cheese. Serve on a toasted bun with your favorite toppings (on my favorite basic burger I like lettuce, tomato, pickle, mustard, and mayo!). ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Where do you find the grass-fed beef? I've looked for that at Whole Foods and haven't found any. I know what you mean about a good burger...there's nothing like it ;) Yours looks especially tasty. Where are you at in Northern Ohio? I'm originally from Elyria, but I live in KY now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kim! Small world, I grew up in North Ridgeville! We now live in Akron, found the grass-fed beef at a small store here called Seven Grains. I would think that Whole Foods would carry it...you may want to look for local farmers? I've found some exceptional beef and chicken at local farms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon! best stainless steel cookware

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is one of the most meaningful information for me. And I'm animated reading your article. But should remark on some general things, the website style is perfect; the articles are great. Thanks for the ton of tangible and attainable help. best stainless cookware

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS