Saturday, April 18, 2009

fresh and crunchy salad

Spring is here and I'm craving fresh food! I love crisp and crunchy salads, filled with a variety of veggies. So for dinner last night I stopped at the store and bought a few things. Fresh carrots, radishes, green beans, asparagus, and green leaf lettuce.
I steamed the asparagus and green beans until crisp tender and then cut them into bite size pieces, along with the rest of the veggies. Threw them all into a bowl along with the lettuce, and topped with a store bought ranch dressing (hella good from Mustard Seed- but I warn you- don't eat this before you'll be speaking to anyone within close proximity).

We also made some simple crostini topped with olive oil and salt, and rubbed with garlic. On the crostini we had a mixture of chickpeas, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil.
This meal was simple and fresh, I loved all of the textures and flavors! Of course you can use any veggies in the salad that are in season. Be creative and enjoy! Now I just can't wait until I can plant my garden and get the entire salad from my yard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS