Sunday, April 19, 2009

buckwheat pancakes

I've been wanting to try to make buckwheat pancakes for a while now. I love them at the Tremont Taphouse, and I thought I'd try them at home. So yesterday we picked up some buckwheat flour and this morning I went to work!



These pancakes were very easy. Being that I've never made them before, I wasn't sure how they were supposed to look, or what the consistency should be like. But they turned out great!

We topped them with some wild blueberries and maple syrup. I also think an apple topping would be wonderful on these as well.


Buckwheat Pancakes
(adapted from www.cdkitchen.com)

1 cup buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter

Preheat a skillet to medium high. Grease lightly with butter or oil. Mix all dry ingredients together. Add egg, milk, and melted butter, mixing well after each addition. Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter onto hot skillet. Cook until bubbles break on surface, turn and cook another minute or until browned.

Enjoy a relaxing morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS