Sunday, November 22, 2009

thanksgiving menu 09 (updated)

This is our first year hosting Thanksgiving at our house! Last year Jerel and I had a small meal together at home. We decided since we were getting married 2 days later, that it would be best to relax and spend time together before the big day. We made a turkey roulade, stuffing, and sweet potatoes. It was really nice!

This year we're looking forward to a fun and relaxing day full of food and laughs with our family!

I have some work ahead of me in the next few days, but I think I'm in pretty good shape.

Here's the menu (I've linked to many of the recipes):

green goddess dip w/ crudites
stuffed celery and olives
goat cheese w/ strawberry balsamic jam

curried butternut squash and pear soup (thanks Cheri!)

roasted beet salad w/ goat cheese and walnuts

apple and celery salad
mom's cranberry-orange sauce
mom's stuffing
brussel sprouts (added late, as we found them at the farmers' market!)

fig and almond stuffing
mom's sweet potatoes
roasted veggies


herb roasted turkey (we got a fresh, grass fed turkey from Brunty Farms. It was amazing, easily the best turkey I've ever had)


silky pumpkin pie
pecan tart w/ chocolate ganache (skipped the ganache, added the chocolate right into the tart)


apple crisp

WOW! I didn't realize how much food we'd have until just now. I'm planning on sending everyone home with tons of leftovers :)


What are you making for Thanksgiving?!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Everything looks delicious. Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS