Sunday, June 14, 2009

tortilla pizzas

Most days I come home from work starving. I don't know why, because I pretty much eat non-stop all day. And I am the kind of person who is not pleasant to be around when I'm hungry...just ask my husband.


These pizzas are the perfect solution! They take about 15 minutes to prepare, and they cook very quickly. I especially love making them right now because I can use all of the wonderful fresh herbs from my garden (and soon fresh tomatoes from our garden too)!



You'll need:

wheat or flour tortillas
fresh tomatoes, sliced
cheese (shredded, or sliced-whatever you've got on hand)
fresh herbs (we used basil and parsley), chopped
salt and pepper
olive oil

Preheat the broiler in your oven.

Place tortillas on a baking sheet. Add slices or shredded cheese to the tortillas. Top with slices of tomatoes and plenty of fresh herbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.

Place tortillas under the broiler until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden brown (about 5-10 minutes). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS