Wednesday, April 1, 2009

chick pea and roasted pepper salad

On hectic days (which are often), I don't always want to cook something that takes an hour. Or even a half hour! Sometimes I just want a light dinner and a nice glass of wine...



The other day we had been runnning around all day, and when we got home we were tired! Honestly, I almost forgot that we hadn't eaten dinner. When we finally got around to thinking about food there was no chance I was making anything that took more than 10 minutes. So we made this yummy salad and some homemade garlic bread with fresh herbs. It may not seem like much, but one can of chickpeas and a hunk of french bread was all we needed. It was light and tasty.

Along with a glass of wine it was a perfect end to a busy day.



Chickpea and Roasted Pepper Salad

1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed well
1/3 cup roasted peppers, chopped into 1/2 inch bites
1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
salt and pepper
dash of cayanne pepper
(In my opinion, artichoke hearts would be a wonderful addition to this salad)

Mix all ingredients well, and serve.
I highly recommend toasty homemade garlic bread on the side. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo...I what a great throw together meal! Sounds perfect for my lunch tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS