Saturday, March 21, 2009

aunt julia's biscotti

My entire family before me had baking talent. Truly.

This is officially my Aunt Julia's (my grandmother's sister) biscotti recipe, but it's also the same recipe my grandmother used, and the same recipe my mom uses. It's probably far more simple than any other biscotti recipe I've ever come across. And it's perfect. You can use either anise, or almond extract if you prefer. They are light and crunchy, and are the perfect snack to dunk in coffee.


As a kid I remember sitting at my grandparent's kitchen table with my family, drinking my milk while they sipped on coffee...dunking the biscotti, nibbling away.




Biscotti
3 cups flour
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp. lemon juice, almond extract, or anise extract
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 cup sugar
3 cups sifted flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt. Set aside.
Beat eggs and sugar in mixer. Add oil, juice or extract, and zest. Gradually add flour mixture.
Split dough in 2 equal amounts, roll into log 3 inches wide and 1 inch thick. Place on oiled cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Cool logs slightly. Slice and bake again for 5-10 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG DESIGN BY: SHERBET BLOSSOM DESIGNS